So for a couple of weeks now I’ve been playing nothing but ARAM matches. Here are my top 10 reasons for loving ARAM (and no, it’s not a top 10 ARAM champions list, but that would be a great post, too):
10. There is minimal to no sniping as the fighting is nonstop. You snipe, you die.
9. Matches are fast-paced, frenetic, and typically last a pleasant 20-30 minutes.
8. Less common to be completely annihilated by a team of folks who know the meta game by heart and how to maximize their fave champs to win it. Random rocks.
7. Because many of the players may be rusty or new to the random champion they rolled, folks are generally more kind-hearted. Compassion is a beautiful thing.
6. Support champs are a blast to play in ARAM as your skills are highly valuable and your teammates are almost always close at hand for your buffs and/or healing.
5. Champions that aren’t that remarkable in Classic or even Dominion can suddenly shine. Great examples are Xerath, Pantheon, and Heimerdinger.
4. The cute little bunnies that tell you if someone is hiding in the bush. Just not sure they are actually bunnies….
3. You are forced, over time, to play all of your champions. I’m actually getting pretty good at many that were dusty from lack of use.
2. Great opportunity to quickly learn a champion’s skill set as the fighting is nonstop. Spam, spam, spam.
1. And did I mention minimal to no sniping? Thank goodness for a venue where you can play without getting cursed at. Usually 😉
Well there you have. Those are my top 10 reasons for loving ARAM. What are yours?