I overall love the new preseason splash screen. Annie is to die for. With that smirk on her face, she almost walks out of the image. I think she is done to perfection. And the huge Blitz over her shoulder, a dull matte metallic color with his enormous fist dominating the background, is just so Blitz. My only nit is that I’m not as thrilled with Katarina. Something not quite right about her face, I think. I just don’t see Katarina. Regardless, I am enjoying it immensely every time I log in.
Logged into League of Legends today and after a brief patch, was greeted to the link to the new cinematic. It is truly incredible, in my humble opinion, and it gives me chill bumps watching it. My fave moments include:
- The realism of Twisted Fate in the opening scene
- How you get a panned in close-up of Twisted Fates stun card before he hurls it at Fiddlesticks
- The shift to the battle between Ryze and an unknown opponent
- The slo-mo moment where one of Ryze’s scrolls gets lopped off by Nocturne’s blade
- The animation of Ryze’s spell book as he sets up a one-two combo against Nocturne
- Katarina’s amazing agility, speed and tumbling skills as she goes at it with Garen – particularly as she spins horizontally in the air before landing
- When Katarina blows her hair out of her face (watch for it if you missed it!)
- The appearance of Annie and the perfect child-like music as she cuddles Tibbers
- The flaming rage of Tibbers as he is called forth to battle against Tryndamere
- And the appearance of Baron to wrap it all up
Makes me want to see more, more, more!
Over the last month or so, I would put the following on my Current Faves list. There are many other champions I love playing, but I just haven’t as much of late.
•Morganna, Cassiopeia and Annie as AP casters
•Riven, Miss Fortune, Irelia, and Shyvana as AD
•Sona (and perhaps Taric) as support
Just logged in and had to patch. But oooooh, new skins for Lunar Revel! Gotta get me the Panda Annie and Jade Fang Cassiopeia. Been a long time since I’ve loaded RP onto my account but this is so worth it. Gorgeous!